Friday, November 04, 2005

Search Engine Success

A while back, I mentioned that The Success Spot was not even listed in the top 1,000 search results at Yahoo!(for the search term success). This may not seem like a problem to some people, and my apologies to those of you who may find this a dry topic. It was to me, though. Here's why.

One of my major goals is to reach out to others to help them achieve their full potential. It has been my hope that The Success Spot can help in some small way. If it is not listed in a major search engine/directory, then it means it's range is severely limited.

Instead of complaining, I decided to do what I could to move it up in the rankings. I know it has been said countless times, but keyword rich content is vital. That doesn't mean padding your writing with these words to the point of incomprehensibility (smaller word for this???), but rather maintaining focus on the words you want to be found under.

So, anyway...

After trying to move up for a few weeks, it finally started to work. The first time I checked again (using the word success) this blog appeared at 743, better but not good. Then a big jump to 519, then 343, then 286, and then today - 150! That's more like it, but still not where I want it to be. I'm shooting for a top 10 'success' placement.

Any ideas?

4 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

Sounds like a great idea. I have a blog somewhat similar to yours, and I'm trying that technique as well, including using the word "success" in my tags after each post.

 
At 5:04 AM, Anonymous chench said...

Hey there. I'm no expert, but I've gained some success with Yahoo. One of your problems with moving up in the search results is actually the word success and the amount of competition you have. It's a popular word.

Try this freeware if you like. There's a bit of a learning curve... www.webceo.com

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger stevenW said...

Hi,

My name is Steven Wong. I was reading your blog and would like to ask you whether you would like to do a link exchange/blog swap with one one my blogs. That means I will put a link to this blog of yours at my side link and you will put a link to mine.

My blog is: netbusiness4u

Thanks for your consideration.

Regards,

Steven Wong

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Lifeoriley said...

Try puting more famous common successful type quotes in your page and meta tags and or famous successful people.

People search using quotes beleve it or not.


The more content you have on your page is a big factor too.

It sounds tacky but it works.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home