Thursday, October 13, 2005

ACT Against Violence - Please Help

Normally I like to avoid negative news stories, but I feel the need to do something about this one.

Wow! Was my blood boiling yesterday morning. There was a news story about a Wisconsin man (the word 'man' is used here to denote the sex of the individual, not character) who had used a canine shock collar on his 8 year-old stepdaughter. What put me over the top was the little girls' quote: "I cried a lot, because it hurt a lot". The maximum sentence is $10,ooo and 6 years behind bars - that is not enough.

I cannot change what has happened, and can only say that my heart goes out to the girl. There is one other small thing...

Please help spread the word and place a link somewhere on your blog to ACT Against Violence. Their home page can be found at http://www.actagainstviolence.org/ . It isn't much, but it is a start. Thanks in advance to all who help.

7 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Andy Dabydeen said...

You're right. The punishment isn't enough. Make him wear the shock collar for the term of his sentence.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger HighPlainsDrifter said...

There are people who are only alive because it is illegal to kill. This 'man' would be one of them.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Punk Parent said...

I agree with Andy, make him wear the shock collar.

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous HyperAxe said...

Grrr! I wish I can get my hands on that guy and give him a taste of his own medicine.

 
At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's you're solution when you don't want to refer to a person as a MAN, when he isn't: Use his gender. MALE. MALE and FEMALE refers to the X/Y and genetalia, and has nothing whatever to do with MEN and LADIES.

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Genuine said...

Genuine Sentencing:

Man must wear collar arounf nuts.

sit on dunking maching and kids get to throw balls to see if he gets dunked
if so, he get 10,000 volsts and teh water dunking.

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Babz said...

This is absolutely disturbing. Thank you for posting it... it sickens me >.< Yet, it's a very real situation... as much as I hate to admit it... this goes on all over the place... What is this world coming to that sick minded criminals get off with such light punishment?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home