Saturday, September 03, 2005

My Life's Business Plan

This started as an exercise to create a business plan for my life; it went in another direction. I decide to share it with you. I was aiming for honesty, so it is not all nice.

I strive to be objective and fair. I have political, social, fiscal, and religious opinions, which I regard as correct. I enjoy engaging in conversations with others in regard to their opinions in kind.

I love my wife and kids. So much so, that I sometimes do things that scare me to protect and provide for them.

I despise bigotry, prejudice, and racism. Though I would like to think I never engage in any of these to any degree, I know I sometimes do. I have and will continue to stand up to it, but am still not ready to risk personal harm to defend people unlike myself (even though I wish I was). People are people.

I strive to know the meaning of things, and search for truth. In this regard I have a dislike for misinformation, bias, urban legends, and old wives' tales. However, I enjoy folklore, religious stories, and world mythologies.

I believe in making the world a better place. I'm just not sure how to do it, but that doesn't keep me from trying.

I am intelligent, have a good (though sometimes dry) sense of humor, and desire to help people.

I offer advice to all who request it, or guide them to better sources if I do not know.

I guess that's me in a nutshell. I know I left huge chunks out, but it's a start. I found it a very revealing exercise just to put it in print. How would you honestly describe yourself? What is important enough for you to include?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home