Tuesday, September 27, 2005

A Collection of Quick Thoughts - 5 Days To Go

Here is a collection of all of the Quick Thoughts from the past year. I think I made them up, but maybe I had heard them before, and they stuck. Sometimes they are simple and other times a bit esoteric...

1. Humans are the only creatures who can consciously reduce stress.

2. Let us be quick to accept the responsibilities of our shortcomings, and always willing to help others overcome theirs.

3. It is far easier to maintain a good first impression than it is to fix a bad one.

4. The opposite of happiness is not sadness, it is anger.

5. Success and procrastination are both subject to the laws of inertia.

6. Desire alone never replaces the actions needed to achieve that desire.

7. Success is not defined by how much you move up, but how much you reach out.

8. False optimism is the result of ignored reality.

9. After many weeks of careful planning, contemplating, and preparation - I have decided to be spontaneous!

10. Beware of manipulation disguised as mutual benefit.

11. How you walk is more important than the path you choose.

Hopefully some of those make sense. Which is your favorite? Add a Quick Thought of your own if you'd like.

6 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Eko Prasetyo said...

your blog's colourings are crashing into each others

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Roger Cawley said...

Not on my browser. What exactly do you mean eko? What browser? ect. ect.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger A1 Success Force said...

Sorry, I don't see it. I will have to see if I get more comments, or more specific explanations. Thanks for the heads up though.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Pug8 said...

I think #5 is my favorite. All of them give me a cause to pause, though. Nice work, my friend.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger brindlemastifflover said...

Just as a clarifying point, dogs have calming techniques they use when they are feeling stressed. Turid Rugaas is a dog behavioralist who has for many years studied dogs' calming signals. Dogs even have a manner in which to communicate their stress level to other dogs without yelling, huffing, hitting, or other such human indicators.

And, I have no problems with the colors coming through on the blog.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Pug8 said...

What a wonderful insight to the healing nature of animals. I will be sure to share this information with the organization I am involved with, which utilizes animals to aid women in recovery. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home