Saturday, August 27, 2005

A Simple Gift

My wife is a cashier at a gas station, and frequently is on the receiving end of customers that are frustrated with high gas prices. It seems as though tempers rise with prices. I am sure they understand she has no control over pricing, after all, she has to pay the high prices too. Some days are better than others.

Today was one the better ones. Sure, there was the normal complaints of co-workers not pulling their weight and the like. She was lucky enough to be on the right register at the right time. It wasn't anything amazing, but it made my wife's day.

A little girl came in with her mother. When she got up to the counter the little girl handed my wife a picture she had lovingly colored. It is a picture of a Barbie presenting an empty pillow. Allowing whoever is coloring it to choose what will go on the pillow. The caption reads "What did the prince give the princess?" I think of my wife as that princess and have to answer that question with one word: plenty.

Why was it special, because the little girl colored it to give to whoever was going to wait on her at the gas station. When my wife came home with that picture she was beaming an infectious smile. Now, I may never get the chance to meet this little girl, so I will take this opportunity to say "Thank you for making my wife happy today, and you are really good at coloring"

8 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Trista said...

That's such a wonderful story! I bet that made your wife's day.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger coloradohurricane said...

That's just a reminder that sometimes it doesn't take a whole lot to make someone happy. sometimes it's the intangibles that make life truly rewarding.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Amberjane said...

What a nice story! Totally sweet & touching.

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger risingabovetheashesofme said...

Awww- how sweet!

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Quz Boss said...

Well gas prices are gettin gigh but they should'nt be putting it on her like it's all her fault! What do they think! ;-) PEACE & HOLLABACK

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger PJ said...

I love great heart warming stories like this one. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger brindlemastifflover said...

Ahhh! From the mouth and hands of a child. It is my philosophy to sit back and observe children from time to time. I always learn and am reminded of what is truly important in life -- to smile freely, to laugh and giggle openly, to give to others often and to love unconditionally.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger maria said...

Love this kind of stories.
Speaking of good news, I too am
on a mission to bring Happy News
to the world.

If you have some, please come and
post them on my blog.See the post
called"Happy News".Thank you.

Marie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home