Friday, August 05, 2005

A New Ideal - Social

A few weeks ago I mentioned some ideas about reaching my full potential. The question was, and still is: How can I reach the ideal, that is, approach my full potential, in each of these six main areas of success?

So, I have been working on a list for each of the six major areas of success. The lists are intended to be a combination of goals and guidelines. Here then is my first, and admittedly incomplete, attempt at a list of social ideals.

  • Mastery and acceptance of self
  • Steady progression in self-defined success
  • Being aware of my past, present, and future social state
  • Loving myself for who I am, and the journey I am on
  • Loving my family unconditionally
  • Being honest – without being hurtful
  • Being accepted
  • Spending time just 'being' with family
  • Doing things for family
  • Befriending neighbors
  • Seeking acquaintances to become friends
  • Helping neighbors in need (openly or anonymously)
  • Speaking well of people I know
  • Defending people when they are the subject of gossip
  • Promoting the message of what is good in the world
  • Reaching out through writing
  • Hands on activities to increase all people's well being

I still feel like I am forgetting some major points, but thought it was more important to get started than it was to be perfect. What would you put on your list?

3 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Pug8 said...

Speaking of Maslow: I would say that these are wonderful ideals, but the other needs should be addressed first. I am not implying that you have not achieved them, I am only saying that each should be addressed in turn. Perhaps, your list should have an order of precedent; prioitizing.

http://www.ship.edu/~cgboeree/maslow.html

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Jim Estill said...

Great post. Having goals for self development is half the battle. Great luck with it.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger cian said...

I would like to say that it has helped me just reading YOUR list of goals.

If you would like more people to see your blog and be as inspired as I was you may want to consider using this super blogging tool :
http://www.viraldownline.com
Best Regards,
Cian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home