Sunday, July 10, 2005

Good News - #20

People tend to like nice round numbers, and 20 is one of those. That's right, this little experiment of reporting Good News has become enjoyable for me. (Due to the dynamic nature of news I do not know how long any of the links will remain active).

Hundreds of teens putting their faith into real action makes for an uplifting Good News story, regardless of your level of faith. How wonderful to read a story that is not about the ills of teen society.

Unemployment is at its lowest level in years. This article is not just a quick snapshot of a statistic. It's more of a detailed look at how the numbers break down, and a realistic look at other elements of the current U.S. economy.

General Motors may have been the first to offer an "Employee Discounts for Everyone" discount program, but it is not the last. Sales have been so staggering that the Ford and Chrysler are now following suit. Let the "Car Wars" begin!

I will end this week's Good News with one more story. All you have to do is fill in the blank: The best thing that happened to me this week was _____.

4 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Les Becker said...

...that I had another one of those "perfect" days yesterday. My daughter was in a wedding party, that I was thankfully not invited to, (I don't like weddings), so we were FREEEEE! We biked. We hiked. We drank a beer in the woods. We yard-saled and came away much to the good. "Perfect" days happen more often now that I have learned to take the not-so-perfect moments for what they are.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger A1 Success Force said...

Wow! That really is "Good News". Thank you so much for sharing, and here's to more "perfect" days to come for all.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Lauren said...

The most satisfying was getting two photos published in a literary journal.

The best? I guess I've had a lot of bests lately. My favorite time of any day is when the beau and I are falling asleep, we cuddle from the moment our heads hit the pillows to the minute we wake up. What can be better than that? :)

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger A1 Success Force said...

Congratulaions on the publication of your photos.

There really is not much that is better than being with the people you love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home