Monday, June 06, 2005

A Vision of the Future? Good News - #17

Here is this week's Good News. I've changed the format a bit, just because I thought the stories had a common theme. (Due to the dynamic nature of news I do not know how long any of the links will remain active).

A few positive news stories always make me feel better about life. Rarely, do they strike a chord that gives me hope beyond the day or week. How is this for a vision of the future?

First of all you will be able to live a lot longer so you can enjoy all the advancements that are going to be made. Then you will also save tons of time checking your email, because new weapons are being developed in the fight against spam. (I, for one, will enjoy the relatively spam-free future.) Sorry, no stories about flying cars, but I'm looking forward to those, too.

The cost of housing may also be reduced substantially. How? By moving off of terra firma, and living underwater with the promise of a new invention that will allow you breathe more like a fish. Best of all, you may get to enjoy all of these things and more with the person you love; just like this happily married couple.

It sounds like a great future to me - I can hardly wait! More Good News is out there, let's all have fun finding it.

4 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Lifeoriley said...

I wouldn't mind one bit to live under water. Nice blog and website.

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger brindlemastifflover said...

Oh the 80 year anniversary is simply fabulous - although I doubt there is anything simple about maintaining a relationship for 80 years!

We, DH and I, are on our 26th year -- and still loving every minute of it. But, 80 years! WOW.

Thanks for this story - fantastic!!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Derek said...

Fascinating stories of the way we are going to be living.. Like the "no spam" bit.. Love to be able to go under water and explore the oceans without the need for breathing apparatus - but it would have to be warm water..

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger PA said...

Don't you think housing will go down along with the largest wealth transfer in the history of the world as baby boomers age and leave us? Seems like they have a lot of money tied up in real estate for fewer and fewer buyers. Just a thought your entry brought to mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home