Sunday, June 12, 2005

My Least Favorite Day

It seems that countless people have a universal disdain for Mondays. People even have written hit songs about it: "Blue Monday", "Monday Monday", and "I Don't Like Mondays" spring to mind. When something goes wrong on this widely loathed day people often say in disgust, "Well, what do you expect? It's Monday". I am not one of the countless horde.

Monday to me is a day full of promise for the upcoming week. I can choose to set my attitude first thing. Also, it is the day of the week that I can have the most impact on others. The lower they are, the more room I have to boost their spirits. So, now you know I like Mondays, but the title of this post promised my least favorite day.

Any day when I can't seem to control my responses, and choose to frame things in a positive yet realistic light, qualifies as my least favorite type of day. These days happen. As I grow in my quest for success and self-improvement, they seem to happen less and less.

Typically my least favorite day of the week is Sunday. Because I'm still working for someone else. It almost drives me nuts sometimes, because I know it won't last forever. I am not resigned to a fate that I did not purposely decide. How do I cure my negative Sunday self-talk? Easy. I just think about Monday and the possibility of curing someone elses "Monday blahs".

2 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Blogger Lisa Pru and Brins human Or Brindlemastifflover said...

I began looking at Mondays very differently after reading Kim Hackney's "Thank God It's Monday: Celebrating Your Purpose At Work."

I now refuse to fall into the trap that the world has laid out - the culture that Mondays are somehow 'bad' days.

I believe in my purpose - that I have been placed where I am for a specific purpose, and I strive to let others see that for me Mondays are new beginnings - a chance for me to follow my purpose with integrity.

Waking up on Monday mornings has never been so wonderful!!!

Brindlemastifflover

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Visi said...

As long as you love your purpose, Mondays are full of promie. If you are to work in a Lumber Mill or Butcher shop, as I have, Modays were more of the same. Amounting for paycheck ande very little else.
So it boils down to, do you feel valued as a person? Do your contibutions make a difference to where you work and what you do? I feel you are blessed out of many.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home