Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Hardest Truth

For whatever reason, I've been on a slightly more philosophical bent lately. Here is another post in that fashion. Please forgive me if I seem to ramble, or come across as esoterically vague.

Honesty and truth are two of the most vital elements of true success. In fact, the very first post I made on The Success Spot was about honesty. If honesty is the absence of deception, then truth is the result.

The concept of being truthful with others is promoted from a very young age; sometimes successfully, sometimes less so. What about white lies? What about lies of omission? What about truth that is delivered without tact? What about truth that is intended to harm? These questions are all valid and point to the apparent difficulty of what real truth is. I think the answer can be summed up with this intentionally vague statement: "It is always best to tell the truth, sometimes".

What then is the hardest truth? It is any truth one does not want to face - the avoidance of which can lead to destructive behavior. Truth of this nature is often covered with layers of justification, excuses, misinformation, avoidance, and denial.

When your experience is in conflict with this type of elusive truth it results in irritability, stress, anger, or any number of negative reactions. You may not even know why you are feeling this way. To further complicate things, when you do feel negative, it may not even be due to a experience/truth conflict.

It is important to find these truths. Please keep in mind that it can take a while. So, how do you start finding these truths? By examining, identifying, and then removing the layers of deception which cover them. And that is a personal exercise, I cannot do it for you. (Heck, I'm not even 100% sure I do it for myself)

The time spent discovering the hard truth will be rewarded. You will find things getting better in other areas of your life as well. Truth has a way of breaking down previously impenetrable walls. In the words of Stiv Bator(s?): Truth is the sword of us all.

3 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Blogger Trudging said...

Man, you don't give up do you.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger A1 Success Force said...

Sometimes I do give up, but I consider persistence to be a vital element of success?

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Dee said...

never give up. I have thought of giving up but I haven't. I am stuborn..lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home