Sunday, May 29, 2005

Good News - #16

In the words of The Great One: How sweet it is! Sweet 16, that is. When I started the weekly Good News feature here at The Success Spot, I planned on only doing for a few weeks. After getting into the habit of looking for positive news items, I started enjoying it too mouch to stop. So on with week sixteen. (Due to the dynamic nature of news I do not know how long any of the links will remain active).

I quit smoking about ten years ago, and have never regretted it. Here is news from the CDC that shows more and more people are kicking the nicotine habit.

It is hard to imagine places where illiteracy runs rampant. Nepal has traditionally been one of those places. This an in depth article about new libraries and their possibilities.

When I first read the headline I thought it read, in part, 'Gift to College'. One word can really make the difference between being a mediocre story and qualifying as Good News. The phrase was Gift of College. It is also an article about possibilities.

And in the fourth position we have a wonderful story about Indy driver Danica Patrick.

That wraps it up for week sixteen. I am sure week seventeen will bring more Good News.

4 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger Pearl_Dragon said...

Gotta tell you a funny story from my hubby about kicking that nicotine habit. He used to lie to all his buddies in high school and then in the army when they'd say, "Go on be a man and smoke with us," he refused with, "I'm allergic to tobacco. It makes me puke." So after telling this story thousands of times to avoid social pressure, when he was in Afganistan and some local guys offered him and some friends a toke of hashish, which they smoked by mixing it with charcoal and tobacco, he drew in a big lungful and then retched all over the place while everyone laughed at what a wuss he was. He tells me it was because his subconscious mind came to believe that oft repeated tail. LOL

Hmm... Never have been able to kick the habit myself, and I guess it's because I don't really want to. A little nicotine is an innocent enough addiction what with all the worse things we have to put up with evey day all over the world, ne?

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Jane King said...

Thanks for the gift of college link

 
At 3:06 AM, Anonymous Haddock said...

I gave up smoking 3 years ago and is by far the hardest thing I have ever done.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger maria said...

Thanks for the link for the
college story.

I just went and read it.
That man is an angel for sure.

Marie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home