Monday, February 07, 2005

Where IS That Proverbial 'Silver Lining'?

I had a bad day at work today. It happens, but this one seemed to last almost the entire workday.

I grumbled, I was easily agitated, I huffed and I puffed... Well, I think you get the picture. 'What caused it?' That's what I've been asking myself, and I think I have the answer: It does not matter what caused it.

What matters is how I reacted to it then and, more importantly, what can I learn from it now. To me it is a sign that I have to redouble my efforts to break away from my j-o-b. That does not mean I am quitting, but it does mean that my opportunity radar has been fully engaged.

So, while I was having my bad day, I don't think I ever could have found the 'silver lining'. Now that I have had some time to reflect, the 'silver lining' beginning to shine with a vibrant glow.

1 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, Blogger Pug8 said...

Sometimes, just knowing that one exists is enough. You don't have to see the silver lining to know it is there.

Man, have I learned that in the past few weeks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home