Saturday, February 05, 2005

I Complain. You Complain.

Here are two quotations that made me think a bit about problems and complaining. The first quote is one of those that sounds obvious, but is rarely acted upon.

"The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it." - Alan Saporta

Why this is rarely acted upon leads directly to the second quote.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein

Some people may disagree, and that is up to them, but I would be willing to bet they are the ones who fall into a vocal majority. If I were to label this majority it would be called the "Chronic Complainers". We all have complaints on occasion, but if the intent of the complaint is to let people know how miserable you are, then things will not get better. Of course, if things do not get better for the "Chronic Complainer" it leads to more complaints, and it becomes a vicious cycle.

I complain, but with the intention of getting advice, feedback, or constructive criticism. That does not necessarily make me better than a "Chronic Complainer", but it does remove me from the vicious cycle.

4 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Blogger Senior Thinking said...

the Einstein quote is fabulous

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Allan said...

for some people, it is their habit to complain and whine... which sometimes affect their attitudes in life.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

I'm glad there are whiners out there... reminds me of how NOT to be all the time! Good post, great quotes. Thank you!

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Pug8 said...

I like to call this conflict resolution.

Great quotes, by the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home