Thursday, October 14, 2004

Food For Thought (Please excuse the cliche)

Quick Note: What follows is to be considered tongue-in-cheek. ;D

Thank you Dr. Atkins, for causing me new levels of paranoia. I have a sweet tooth, I mean sugar in all of its refined glory is my drug of choice. Up until a few years ago this was, at most, a cause of light-hearted ridicule; easy enough to take in stride. Those days are gone, for now.

Now when I eat my sweets (up to four snacks during my two breaks at work alone) I no longer feel the ridicule is so light-hearted. In fact I would have to say I get looked at by people on low-carb diets like I am evil incarnate. This does not make me angry, but I do have to laugh inside sometimes. After all, I do not try to push my dietary habits on them.

Before you think I have lost my ability to be positive, let me say there is one great advantage: When someone brings in doughnuts, treats, or cake for their birthday, I get bigger servings! Also, just because the low-carbers at work won't eat sweets, doesn't mean I won't eat high fat, high protein, low carb food.

I have developed a somewhat witty reply to those who ask "Aren't you on a low-carb diet?". Now I look them in the eye and say, "The only way I'll ever be on a low-carb diet is if I hold my triple chocolate doughnut closer to the floor". That's usually good for a few laughs.

3 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Pug8 said...

You have the uncanny ability to lighten my day, everyday. Good stuff, brother.

 
At 2:20 AM, Blogger Free Spirit said...

I almost fell off my chair laughing when I read the last part of your post. =D

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger kj4ever said...

At work I have an Atkins person on one side and a Weight Watcher on the other.

I am considered the root of all evil by both I think...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home