Saturday, October 02, 2004

Basic Ideas About Success - Honesty

1. Be honest.

Lying for personal gain is always counter-productive in the long run. Why? Because truth is the foundation upon which our dealings with others are built.

Being a person of your word is a vital element to success. In the words of William Shakespeare: "The good I stand on is my truth and honesty".

Success is not achieved entirely by yourself. On your way to success you will undoubtedly be aided by other people. If you are not honest you will only create feelings of bitterness toward any success you achieve in spiteof any dishonesty.

How does this impact my life? Well, to be honest ;) I have a lot of work to do in this area. I feel it is easier to be objective than it is to be honest.

What really surprises is that sometimes the truth would really not be any harder to tell. So...what is the first step to shifting to a more honesty centered self? My thought is that recognizing the lie and correcting right away is crucial.

I'm not saying I lie all the time, but what I would like to do is be even more honest. Who wouldn't?

2 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Does omitting information count as not being honest?

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger A1 Success Force said...

Yes, I think omitting information can be dishonest. Obviously what is omitted, and the intent of the omission are important also.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home